Vegan Broccoli Cheddar Soup!
Queens, this soup is soooo good!
I found this online by a young lady while I was searching on google so I tried this and Queens, you all will love this!
Please try this!
You can not tell that it is Vegan but it is! No dairy! All Vegan!
* 1 Leek cleaned and chopped
* 2 Garlic Cloves minced
* 2 carrots sliced
* 1 cup of uncooked brown rice (or you could use Quinoa)
* 4 cups of fresh broccoli
* 1 package of Violife Cheddar Shreds or Cheddar Jack Blend
* 4 cups of low-sodium vegetable broth
* 2 cups of unsweetened non dairy milk ( I used So Delicious Unsweetened Coconut Milk)
* 2-3 tbsp of nutritional yeast
* 1/4 cup of cream cheese ( I used the Kroger Plant Based Brand)
* sea salt and pepper to taste
* 3 tbsp of grapeseed oil or Olive Oil
* 3 tbsp Vegan Butter
* 2 tbsp of chives
* Place a large pot over med heat and add in the oil and butter.
* Once the oil is hot add in the leeks and garlic. Cook while stirring occasionally
for about 4 mins, then add in the carrots and rice.
* Add in about 1/2 tsp of sea salt
* Carefully pour in the veggie broth and bring to a boil. Cook while stirring occasionally for about 5 mins.
* Reduce the heat to a simmer and cover with a lid for about 8 mins.
* Now stir in the fresh broccoli and reduce the heat to low and pour in the non dairy milk. Cover with a lid and cook while stirring occasionally for about 20 mins.
* Remove the lid and stir in the entire pack of cheese , the 1/4 cup of cream cheese, and nutritional yeast.
* Add Sea Salt and Pepper to taste and stir in the fresh chives before serving.