I am a true tea lover! I absolutely love drinking hot tea and for me it doesn't matter if it is cold outside or not, I drink it on the regular because the health benefits are truly amazing and the taste and aromas are awesome! I keep it very simple, I just add a little raw agave and organic lemon, some people use raw honey and that is fine but I don't because I am vegan so I prefer the raw agave which is the natural plant based sweetner from the cactus plant and I tell you, it's delicious!
Here are the teas and their benefits:
1. Peppermint Tea- relieves the symptoms of abdominal gas, bloating, and muscle spasams.
2. Ginger Tea- It stops nausea , vomitting, upset stomach due to motion sickness, and it helps with menstrual cramps.
3. Chamomile Tea- A gentle calming and sedative tea made from the chamomile flowers and used to help with insomnia.
4. Rooibos Tea- High in Vitamin C as well as other helpful minerals. It is also known for its antioxidant properties which may ward off diseases and signs of aging.
5. Rosehip Tea- One of the best plant sources of Vitamin C, which is important for the immune system , skin, and tissue health and adrenal function.
6. Green Tea- this tea helps keep free radicals under conrol, reduces the risk of cancer, and helps prevents heart disease
7. Lavender Tea- It relaxing and calming and help you to sleep well
8. Dandelion Root- This tea is a natural diuretic and digestive aid, rich in potassium and lecithin, protects the liver, removes toxins, great source of Vitamin A, and protects against iron- dificiency anemia.
There are many other great herbal teas but these are just a few of my favorites with amazing benefits!